NCI Founder Glenn Smith began his church planting journey in the 1980’s. At that time there was only one book in North America on the topic of church planting. For more than 20 years now Glenn has been a pioneer, a practitioner, and a student of church multiplication, not only in the U.S. but around the world. A missiologist, Glenn has worked on 5 continents.
In the 1990’s Glenn was a leader in church planter assessment and missiological training in the U.S., assessing and training over 100 planters annually. During that decade Glenn led his own local church to start over 6 new churches each year (unprecedented in the U.S. at that time.) Recent studies revealed that 93% of those churches are still viable, thriving congregations. His experience and effectiveness has made Glenn one of the most sought after trainers and consultants on missional church planting in America.
NCI was born in 2001 at a time when there were still very few ministries devoted to church planting. Today there are more than 100 such organizations and networks in the U.S. Many of these great ministries were built on the experience and learning that NCI provided. At the end of the last century there were between 1,100 and 1,500 new churches started annually in the U.S, while 3,500 closed. Today there are approximately 4,000 new churches started each year. NCI is honored to have played a role in this growing movement!
Today NCI is a ministry devoted to its mission of mobilizing the church to transform the world. We are helping to plant faith communities in urban and suburban areas, as well as on university campuses, in the marketplace, among ex-offenders, in medical centers, within multiple language and cultural groups – anywhere that people live and work.
We provide training, consulting for churches & ministries, and individual coaching for leaders. Our vision is to start a movement of Biblically faithful, culturally relevant, counter-cultural communities of faith. We help launch large congregations, simple congregations, and alternative faith communities. We dream of a collective Church that will transform individuals and societies!
HOW IS NCI UNIQUE
Dr. Ed Stetzer tells us that, “Energy and enthusiasm about church planting in North America is at an unprecedented high.” This is a very good thing! However, what makes NCI unique?
- Experience – NCI is a team of practitioners who bring many years of experience from a broad cultural background. We know what works and what doesn’t work. We are also lifelong learners. Our team is making new discoveries every month as we work with a wide cross section of ministries in the U.S. and around the world.
- Missiological Perspective – NCI is a team of missiologists who understand people groups and how to reach them. We do not impose a model or strategy, but offer a proven process for understanding and touching the people you are trying to reach.
- Theological – NCI is an organization that is rooted in a Biblical understanding of the church and its mission. We help our clients think carefully about their ecclesiology so that we do not reproduce ineffective models of ministry. We seek to understand the role and function of the church in God’s larger story. This enables us to work with multiple denominations and evangelicals from diverse theological traditions.
IS NCI THE RIGHT RESOURCE FOR YOU?
Because of the type of work we do, we only work with a select group of missional leaders. To qualify as an NCI client you must be an individual or organization that:
- Wants to impact the world through the power of the Gospel
- Wants to think missiologically and measure success by how we make disciples
- Wants to abandon themselves for the cause of Christ
- Does not want to re-create the wheel, but desires to use their creative energies to better reach unreached cultures and people – is willing to THINK instead of copy models
Call or email us for a free consultation: (United States) 281-635-3086 or email@example.com.
NCI is a U.S. based, non-profit, 501(c)3 organization. All donations and fees go to advance the research and work of this ministry.